Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sisters? Friends?

This conversation occurred in the car, in Guelph, driving past Mr. C's elementary school.

Mr C: "Look, Big Sis, this is where Daddy went to school!"

Big Sis: "I will go to V.M. Public School!"

Us: "That's right, you will!"

Big Sis: "Where will Little Sis go?"

Mr. C: "She'll go to V.M. Public School, too. You'll be at the same school, but in different classes, just like now when you go to preschool and she goes to nursery school."

Big Sis: "Maybe when we're at the same school, we can be friends!"

Mr. C: "Sure, you can be. But you know what? You can be friends right now, too! You don't have to wait until you're at school together to be friends."

Big Sis: "Well... noooo.... I think I want to wait. I don't want to be friends right now. I just want to be sisters."

No comments:

Post a Comment