Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Time to myself...

Some days, I am amazed at what I will do in order to carve out a few minutes to myself.
Today, for instance, after spending the day with the girls, and in between cooking dinner and eating it, I found myself in the (unfinished) basement, with my shirt in my hands, pre-treating the tiny spots of olive oil that had splattered onto it while I was cooking. And I was actually whistling. That's right - whistling. In the cold, dim, unfinished basement, wearing no shirt, rubbing stain-remover into fabric, and thinking, yeah, this isn't so bad! I'd better be careful, or soon I'll be doing my own ironing instead of giving my (two) shirts that need to be ironed to Mr. C, who does a much better job than I do!

Other highlights from today included a trip to BouClair to look for curtains. Trying to cut short the usual complaints of "I don't want to go out," "I'm tired," "I don't feel well" from Big Sis, I spent the 20 minutes leading up to getting out of the house, and the six minute car ride, playing "what rhymes with BouClair?" Try it - you'll be surprised how entertaining this is. Or at least, how well it passes the time for six minutes in the car... Our favourites were "blue hair" (nope, nobody with blue hair at BouClair while we were there, sadly); "Shoo, Bear!" (no bears either - probably a good thing); and "you, there!" (which made Little Sis laugh hysterically.) See how valuable that Improv class I took in university turned out to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment